How It Works

We can accurately measure the outer horn spread of buffalo and wildebeest by taking the photos ourselves. Because we use a whole range of information related to the picture taken, we can use that information to physically measure the outer horn spread accurately. 


Hoe dit Werk

Ons kan die buitewydte van buffel- en wildebeeshorings akkuraat meet deur self uit te kom en foto’s te neem. Omdat ons ʼn hele reeks van inligting op die foto gebruik, kan ons daardie inligting verwerk om fisies die buitewydte van die horings akkuraat te meet. 


Accuracy

We have done a couple of hundred measurements from January 2017 to October 2017. Before we offered our service to game breeders, we volunteered to measure buffalo and wildebeest at a couple of game farms. These animals were darted and measured with a calliper within a week before or after our own measurement. The results were then compared. We have found to be on the spot accurate with 80% of our measurements and off by 1/8” (under measured) with the other 20%.


Akkuraatheid

Sedert Januarie 2017 tot Oktober 2017 het ons ʼn paar honderd metings gedoen. Voor ons, ons meet dienste aan wildboere bekend gestel het, het ons ingewillig om buffels en wildebeeste te meet op verskeie plase. Hierdie diere is binne ʼn week voor ons of na ons gepyl en met ʼn caliper gemeet. Die resultate is dan vergelyk. Ons was met 80% van ons metings in die kol gewees en was slegs met 1/8” (onder gemeet) uit met die ander 20%.

“No need to risk knocking your valuable buffalo down anymore to measure them, thanks Ben for making this possible. One of my bulls who is hard bossed and has stopped growing was measured with callipers 4 months prior to using Trophymeasure. Trophymeasure was 100% spot on when Ben measured him again using his photographic method. I had completely underestimated quite a few of my buffalo, and was very pleasantly surprised with their measurements. It’s been a huge benefit with helping make informed decisions.” – Alan van Coller



Each result is the average of three measurements from one set of photos. I do not use any reference to compare one to the other. Meaning from this horn measurement report I did at least 15 individual measurements.